Global Media & Communications Planning Manager
€65K-€84K + Generous Benefits & Bonus Package
Strong media and communications planning skills gained in a leading media agency or client-side role needed urgently for this exciting new role based in Amsterdam. Our client, an FMCG/CPG multinational with a portfolio of global power brands, is looking for a super-smart candidate who will be one of a team of internal expert throughout the Strategic Communication Planning process; working with global brand management teams to shape the communications strategy, activation plans, campaign implementation and measurement of effectiveness. This will require you to work with major media agency partners and with senior marketing colleagues to understand the brands, the challenges they face and the growth opportunities in different markets around the world.
Experience in a major Media Planning Agency would be particularly valuable…
This is a role where you will work at a strategic level, identifying the big picture and over-arching comms strategies, but also at a tactical, hands-on level – understanding target audiences, consumer journeys and local media landscapes to create localized plans that maximize the impact of their media investments. You will need to make clear recommendations on the different types of content that need to be produced to support the strategic objectives, and think innovatively about what would work best.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Providing strategic thinking to the brands through the Communications Planning Process, including local market knowledge across lead markets
- Use planning and insight tools to understand the target audiences and their consumer journey and applying these to develop the communications strategy and media and digital plans
- Assisting lead agencies to navigate across the business working with consumer insight, media and brand teams, local and global
- Helping local markets to optimize the comms plans to ensure KPI goals
- Bringing key learnings from brand activations back to the media and digital Team to drive insight efficiencies and best practice
- Align with brand teams to ensure seamless communication between integrated agency teams responsible for Communications Plans, i.e. media, digital, creative, PR, etc.
Key Skills Checklist
- A minimum of 5-6 years working in a leading media or communications agency, preferably at a regional or global level. Client-side media & and comms experience would also be valuable
- A detailed knowledge of marketing Communications Strategy and/or Strategic Planning, with an understanding of traditional and digital media
- A commitment to excellence with a positive and resilient attitude
- Internationally mobile, able to travel on a regular basis
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptionally strong communications and presentation skills
- Strongly results oriented with demonstrable track record of success
A blue-chip global FMCG business with a huge portfolio of leading brands in the global household, health and personal care sectors, this company invests heavily in innovation and massive A&P spends, demonstrating huge and consistent growth over recent years. The culture is energetic, entrepreneurial and highly results-driven with opportunities to make a substantial contribution to the business. This is a business in which you’ll find plenty of drive and energy and a direct and open style; a working environment surrounded by smart people, where you’ll have exceptional opportunities to make your mark throughout your career.
The Tarsh Partnership is committed to finding the right roles for talented candidates. We are a leading name in marketing recruitment and have significant marketing recruitment experience working with brand management, communications, category management and insight/research specialists. If you would like to discuss this role, please contact Adam Tarsh now. firstname.lastname@example.org